JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
Nearly half of all accidents involving abrasive wheels are caused by an unsafe system of work or operator error. As well as eye and other injuries, fast moving rotating machinery and abrasive wheels may generate sparks during their use and ignite combustible materials. Loose clothing may become entangled, leading to severe injury for operator. On completing this course, you will be able to mount abrasive wheels and discs to angle grinders and bench grinders in such ways as to prevent any such accidents and minimise the risk of injury to yourself and others.
- Health & Safety at Work Order 1978 N.I
- Six Pack Regulations – (Risk Assessment)
- Manual Handling
- Provisions & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1999 N.I.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Abrasive Wheel Mounting & Identification
- Selection and storage of discs
- Candidate practical mounting of discs to angle grinders
Who is this course for:
Operatives who need to use abrasive wheels for cutting or grinding as part of their work activities
Candidates will receive a three-year certificate