JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
Many people are injured each year when they fall from towers or when a tower overturns. These usually happen because the tower scaffold is not properly erected or used. Aluminium tower scaffolds are light and can easily overturn so the type of tower selected must be suitable for the work and erected and dismantled by people who have been trained and are competent to do so. The aim of the course is to give you the necessary skills and knowledge to erect, use, move, dismantle and inspect Aluminium Mobile Towers.
At the end of the course, candidates will:
- Understand the main aims of Health & Safety Legislation (H&SWO 1978 NI, Work at Height 2005 Regulations, Management of Health & Safety at work Regulations, Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1999 NI
- Understand and identify typical components.
- Understand the importance of stability.
- Understand the hazards associated with erecting and dismantling access towers, and the consequences of misuse, and how to use the ‘Erection Guide’.
- Carry out risk assessments on erecting, using, moving and dismantling Mobile and Static Aluminium Access Towers.
- Understand the need to inspect prior to use, and the safe use of Aluminium Scaffold Access Equipment.
- Carry out a visual inspection and complete the appropriate report.
Who is this course for:
All operatives who intend to or need to assemble, reposition or dismantle an aluminium mobile tower as means of providing a safe work platform
Candidates will receive a three-year certificate