JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
Do you work, or wish to work, in the food industry, the care sector or the catering sector? Does your role involve handling food or preparing, cooking and serving food to consumers? If the answer is yes, then this course is ideal for you. On completion of the course, and having achieved your Highfield Level 2 Food Safety certificate, you will be aware of the hazards and controls associated with food handling. You will also have gained a firm understanding of the importance of food hygiene and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
- An introduction to food safety, what is food safety? And how does it affect people?
- The course also covers the legal requirements in relation to food preparation, storage and serving food for consumption.
- The legal requirements for food handlers.
- Identifying typical food safety hazards, (physical hazards, chemical hazards and biological hazards).
The correct methods of recording and taking temperatures of food and storage facilities, outlining the requirements for:
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Principles of safe storage
- Cleaning & infection control
- Food premises and equipment
Who is this course for:
This course if for anyone who, during their work activities is required to handle food. This means; storing food, preparing food or serving food in a variety of settings
Candidates will receive a three-year certificate. Options for externally accredited certificates available