Working At Heights
JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), more worker deaths are caused by falls from height than any other kind of incident in the UK. This course will give you a deep understanding of and awareness of the dangers associated with working at heights and the safe working systems and practices that should, be employed when doing so. As well as reviewing current legislation, you will gain an awareness of the risks that accompany working at heights and understand the importance of the correct use of equipment such as steps, ladders, mobile towers, work platforms, MEWPs and safety harnesses.
At the end of the course, candidates will:
- Understand the main aims of Health & Safety Legislation (H&SWO 1978 NI, Work at Height 2005 Regulations, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations, Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992 and Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1999 NI
- Have an awareness of the risks whilst carrying out work at heights
- Identify common hazards and safety procedures
- Understand the safety requirements relating to ladders & steps
- Understand the safety requirements when using mobile elevated work platforms
- Understand the principals of restraint harnesses.
- Demonstrate the ability to build an aluminium mobile tower correctly
Who is this course for:
For anyone involved in conducting, supervising or managing work at height activities
Candidates will receive a three-year certificate